We often offer Open Institutes during the summer. These Institutes are shorter versions of the core activities of all National Writing Project professional Institutes:
- Teachers will strengthen their own skills are writers as well as reflect on their experiences as writers.
- Teachers will develop skills as responders to writers.
- Teachers will study best practice in teaching writing texts.
- Teachers will experience best practice in presentations by LMWP Teacher-Consultants.
We also at times offer "Hot Topics" professional development courses for educators - teachers and administrators:
- Earn graduate academic credit to maintain your certificate or apply to your master degree or planned program (if approved in advance)
- Focus is on topics in education such as technology, curriculum development, social issues, professional skills and more